made the pilgrimage to stone brewing co's 14th anniversary celebration in san marcos, CA on saturday. this was the 4th time i've been - i've been to their 8th, 10th and 12th - so i kept my bi-annual streak alive. courtesy of the library alehouse, who chartered a party bus to/from santa monica, newbies vim, sara & olivia joined me on the excursion to sunny san diego county.
a ticket to the 3-hour session grants you admission, a commemorative glass and 10 pours of delicious craft brews from over 50 world class breweries, including bear republic, mikkeller (denmark), the bruery, russian river, and a host more. trying to remember my selections, but here goes:
1. stone double-dry hopped 14th anniversary ale
2. bear republic mach 10
3. speakeasy midnight run india black ale
4. stone vertical epic 07.07.07 aged in red wine barrels
5. repeat (it was that good)
6. russian river supplication
7. lost abbey TEA (traditional experimental ale)
8. great divide espresso oak-aged yeti
9. maredsous 6 blond
10. stone smoked porter w/vanilla beans
after the session A came to a close, we 'hopped' (sorry) aboard the bus to a new gastropub called urge (not a gay nightclub), where more beer and food awaited us! chose this opportunity to try brewdog's tokyo, an imperial stout brewed w/jasmine & cranberries that clocks in at a very unladylike 18.2%.