the space is actually a former ihop locale, gussied up to utilize the gorgeous architectural structure of its namesake. the interior resembles a contemporary ski lodge with its birch-tinged walls and cozy confines.
seating takes advantage of its space constrictions with its liberal use of communal tables, which is an added bonus. we sat next to a friendly couple who were equally excited to be there, so all of us ended up eating family style since we ordered distinctly different items.
we opted for the:
* island farmer's salad (shaved maui onions, tofu, fried garlic, seasonal fruit & ginger shoyu vinaigrette)
* blue crab cakes (w/ginger lemongrass creme fraiche, baby lola rosa perilla leaves and eaten like a taco)
* cracklin beer can chicken (peruvian style w/century egg, salsa roja & salsa verde)
* kitchen fries (purple sweet potato, yam, korean sweet potato w/kimchee sour cream & sea salt)
* fried apple pie w/southern comfort caramel & cheddar ice cream
12565 washington blvd.
los angeles, CA 90066