monday brought about lunch at gjelina... yay! typically it's a 3-4 week advance reservation for dinner, but MLK day enabled my first foray there for petite déjeuner. while waiting for my traditionally tardy cousin (hey line!), my parents and i got to exchange POVs outside of ohm salon...
we got seated at 12:10pm next to the outdoor patio and after promptly ordering a maredsous 10 and a moylan's IPA for pops, it was on. we proceeded to order - and devour - the following:
* grilled chicories w/crispy farm egg, shaved parmesan & pancetta vinaigrette
* roasted beets, burrata, arugula, toasted walnut & walnut oil
* grilled monterey bay squid w/braised lentils, roasted peppers & salsa verde
* charred brussels sprouts w/bacon, dates & vinegar
* P.E.I. mussels w/chorizo, confit tomato, white wine & grilled bread
* guanciale, green olive, fresno chiles, buffalo mozzarella & rosemary pizza
* pressed braised beef brisket, tomato, onion, arugula & horseradish mustard
* butterscotch pot de crème (last but best)
1429 abbot kinney blvd.
venice, CA 90291