we had lunch at the healthy lotus café before taking a stroll to the self-realization fellowship & gardens for some meditation at the tranquil locale. afterwards, we hit up union kitchen & tap for a pint of sculpin IPA, before heading back to kate stanton for a birthday toast.
* amuse bouche w/salad & tuna
* freshly sliced conch
* japanese snapper sashimi
* amberjack sashimi w/yuzu kosho (a spicy green paste made from zest of a japanese citrus fruit)
* anago (saltwater eel) tempura
* saba (japanese mackerel) sashimi
* fresh salmon roe sushi
* toro (fatty tuna) done two ways
not only was the meal memorable in many ways, but the company and conversation we carried on with chef kazuo created a fantastic dining experience. he told us a lot about his childhood growing up in chiba, japan and how he is only as good as the fish he has to work with on any given day.
130-A north el camino real
encinitas, CA 92024